HR and Safety Manager – Florence Corporation
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced HR professional looking to make an impact in an organization. The scope of this position encompasses two distinct aspect of Human Resources Management: Safety Management and Human Resources Management. This role will administer and maintain safety programs and policies for the organization as well as manage staffing processes for hourly employees, maintain personnel records and employee relations. This position is out of our Manhattan, KS location.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Human Resources Manager, this role is responsible for:
- Responsible for the day to day HR functions of the organization
- Implement HR policies and procedures
- Maintain handbook, policies and procedures and update as needed
- Work with the recruiting agency to ensure accurate staffing on the production floor and successful hire conversions
- Update and create job descriptions for the hourly production staff
- Manage the performance review process for the hourly employees
- Maintain accurate personnel records
- Administer the hiring process and ensure a successful onboarding through our orientation process.
- Stay abreast of state and federal laws and regulations that impact labor relations and the general industry
- Process employee changes through payroll in a timely fashion
- Monitor and follow-up on our attendance programs, to include: Attendance, LOA, sick leave and vacation programs
- Work with department leaders to maintain policies and procedures that impact the safety and well being of employees and the company
- Ensure safety trainings are completed within required timeframes
- First point of contact for work comp claims. Monitors claims to ensure fast resolution of claim closures
- Maintain OSHA 300 log
- Monitor accident trends to target areas of deficiency and makes recommendations to prevent future occurrences.
- Develop and conducting safety trainings for employees and team members, as needed.
What you’ll need to be successful…
- 5+ years in Business or Human Resources related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field highly preferred
- Current safety certification preferred, or the ability to obtain one in the future
- Working knowledge of relevant State and Federal laws related to HR and Safety policies and practices
- Experience leading and managing significant organizational change, organizational development and/or organizational effectiveness
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in computer applications to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to pivot focus effectively in response to business needs
- History of effectively coaching across levels and functions, including individuals in more senior roles than oneself
Who we are…
Gibraltar Industries is a leading manufacturer and distributor of products for building markets. Gibraltar serves a large number of customers in a variety of industries in all 50 states and throughout the world from facilities in the United States, Canada, Japan and China. For more information, visit our website at: http://www.gibraltar1.com.
Located in Manhattan, Kansas, Florence Corporation is part of Gibraltar’s MVP Division. Florence is the nations leading manufacturer in quality mailboxes, storage solutions and service. From conceptualization to installation to maintenance, we are partners with our clients every step of the way. We are committed to providing the most robust and convenient products tailored to our clients needs.
Gibraltar offers you…
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits
- The chance to work with some of the best colleagues in a great office environment
- The chance to be a part of an organization that is growing and changing the industry
EEOC Florence Corporation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. At Florence, we celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, products, and our customers.